Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mike on Snowden, Yet Another Great Facebook Post

Mike's latest FB post.  This is how he discusses the upcoming tour, the king of non-sequiturs and ANYTHING except the matter at hand.

This just in from Mike.

I hardly know where to begin. We – Micky and Peter and I – are in rehearsals for the Monkees tour that starts in Port Chester New York next Monday and now we find out that Wiki leaks is keeping secrets. It boggles the mind.

You would think Wiki leaks would be more forthcoming about Snowden. After all, they are wiki leaks -- the preeminent secrets teller-- and that they would not stoop to keeping secrets especially when they know very well that Snowden is with us at the Monkees rehearsals as I write this.

Frankly I don’t care who knows it.

He came in even before we were set up and he is a bit of a pest but a real whiz on the computer. I didn’t believe it was him when he first told me but Peter insists that it is really him because he knows a guy that knew Micky that says it most definitely is Snowden. He also looks like him, a little. Same glasses. He is at the rehearsals with us and he says he is going to be on the bus reporting on the tour.

I can’t really tell. But all the signals are there. He came in and got right on line in the studio wifi, like, in seconds -- and it took me about an hour just to get somebody to tell me the password. It’s as if Snowden is a magician or something when it comes to code words and computer stuff. (I kept hitting the caps lock key and didn’t know it which is why I couldn’t get the password to work. I had the word right actually from the beginning – and don’t think I got it from wiki leaks, because I didn’t. Austin, the guitar tech told me.)

I’m really not one to talk. As many of you know I had the Higgs Boson for years under the bed at my house while everyone was looking for it. I wasn’t keeping it a secret though. I kept writing the guys at Cern and telling them I had it even before they built that big LHC for billions -- but they thought I was a crank. And it turns out that when I finally sent it to them it wasn’t the Higgs after all – even though they published that it was and had
this big party and all – and by then they knew it wasn’t the Higgs.

But this guy is definitely Snowden and he is at the rehearsal here with the band and all of us and I don’t know what the fuss is all about. He seems nice. He is eating a lot of the snacks we have.

He says the show is looking great and that he will help us promote it—he says he knows how to get the word out – and to encourage everyone to come. We can use the help.

We are working really hard to put together the best show ever. New video looks great, couple of new songs, the music sounds great and I have some new t shirts for the show. Hope you can get out to see it.

Snowden says that if he wasn’t committed to wiki leaks to keep his whereabouts a secret that he would actually invite everyone to the rehearsals. He thinks they are that good.

I like this guy – and I am sure it’s him now, after all those compliments.
See you on the 15th in NY with the Monkees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Beatles FB Facebook Nez 2013 Tour Convention 2014 Head Concerts Elvis Presley Henry Diltz Naked Persimmon Papa Nez Peter Tork RayBert 47 Carole King Jazz Singer John Lennon Nez Fall Tour 2013 Andrew Sandoval Batman Boyce and Hart Brecht Britton Payne Chip Douglas Danny Kaye Danny Thomas Don Kirshner Eric Lefcowitz Here We Come Kingston Trio Leonard Cohen Linda Ronstadt Mike Morrison Hotel NYC Phil Spector SSB Shoe Suede Blues Wrecking Crew 17 4th Wall 57 Animals BBS Bob Dylan Bob Newhart Bob Rafelson Bobby Darin Burgess Meredith Burl Ives Butch Patrick Byrds Carl Perkins Costumes Dale Daydream Believer Easy Rider Ed Sullivan Fanfic First National Band Frank Zappa George Harrison German Gerry Goffin Graham Nash Howard Kaylan Indigo Girls Jack Nicholson Jann Wenner Jimi Hendrix Joni Mitchell Julie Newmar Karaoke Modern Folk Quartet Monty Landis Pete Seeger Phil Ochs Richard Mikuls Rolling Stones Springsteen Steve Blauner That Girl Theater Van Johnson Vietnam Zombies 56 Allen Ginsburg American History Beach Boys Bellydancing Ben Stiller Benny Goodman Bette Nesmith Graham Beyonce Bicorne hat Bieber Bill Haley Billboard Carpenters Circus Boy Crosby Stills Nash and Young Crystals Cynthia Plaster Caster Cyrus Faryar Deana Martin Donna Loren Donna Summer Doppleganger Doris Day Elvis Costello Fan Sites Gaffs Get Smart Gilligan's Island Ginger Rogers Glee Grateful Dead Grease Groupie Guilty Pleasures Harry Nilsson Headquarters I Dream of Jeannie James Dean Janis Ian Jeanne Tripplehorne Jerome Kern Jerry Lewis Jerry Seinfeld Jim Frawley Jim Morrison John Sebastian Judy Garland Laurel Canyon Louie Jordan Lovin Spoonful Madonna Marx Brothers Mel Brooks Micky Braddock Miles Davis Mumford &Sons New Monkees Pamela Des Barres Peter Paul and Mary Petula Clark Phil Donahue Playboy Pollution Protest Psycho Jello Quarrymen Questions Rachel Maddow Radio Ranch Ray Manzarek Real Rock and Roll Band Red Rhodes Rose Marie Stephen Colbert The Producers Twillight Zone Valerie Kairys Venet Van Morrison Vaudeville WFUV WLVI WMBR Who